Strawberry mille-feuille! A little taste of Paris…
- Take one sheet of puff pastry (“masa ojaldre”) and cut in two equal rectangles. Brush the top of each rectangle with a beaten egg, and bake them each for about 20 minutes. Let them cool.
- In the meantime, cut one kg of fresh strawberries in thin slices, and let them stand in the juice of one lemon and a generous tablespoon of brown sugar. Set aside.
- Whisk on pot (about 200 ml) of heavy cream until there are little points on top.
- Place on rectangle on a large serving dish, spread with half of the cream and place half of the strawberries on top. Spread the rest of the cream and cover with the other rectangle of pastry. Top with the remaining strawberries.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes and serve.